May 23, 2013 - 10:34:04
Amanda (Block) Wagner
ByAmanda Block Wagner
Remember the days when it was called “The Facebook?” Now that we’re on a one-word name basis with Facebook, much like Madonna or Prince (or is it “The Artist Formerly Known as Prince?”), it’s about time to put ourselves out there and ask YOU to “LIKE” us (Wind River) on (The) Facebook.
You’ve seen the icons everywhere, “Like” with the thumbs up, or more explicit icons with a call to action of “Like us on Facebook.” It begs the question, what benefits you by “liking” our facebook page?
Besides showing your support of Wind River, by liking us, you receive any of our community updates on your news feed. We also like to promote special events our local clients are involved in, so if you’re a fan of local business, liking us keeps you connected. Any fun or exciting news from Wind River is posted from time to time as well, and by liking us, you are given instant notice of such updates as Client Appreciation Events, Brewers Tickets or VISA Gift Card Giveaways.
What a fantastic segway to our new contest. Starting today, if you like us on Facebook, you have the chance to win a $100.00 VISA Gift Card! All new followers starting today and ending June 26th will be entered to win in the drawing!
So, click on the “like” icon below to connect with us on Facebook!
Twitter, You Cannot Beat the Tweet
May 16, 2013 - 11:13:44
By Mark Courchane
When did you first hear Osama Bin Laden had been killed by Navy Seals? Was it at the press conference at 8PM that night? Or was it 4 hours earlier
This is just one example of the powerful social media tool called Twitter
. Once the domain of the college and high school crowd, Twitter has now become a “must have” for business. What has made Twitter so indispensable to the business community?
Here are my top 10 reasons for using Twitter:
1) Twitter is ubiquitous. One can access it on their work computer, their Ipad or tablet, or their smart phone. It is literally at your fingertips 24/7.
2) Twitter is timely….see it, read it, Tweet it. Follow Wind River Financial on Twitter for updates, System Alerts, Visa/MasterCard/Amex news, etc.
3) In this fast paced, time is money, business environment, Twitter forces users to be concise and the point. Twitter allows for only 140 characters. It is designed to hit the high points and leave the chit chat to other mediums.
4) Access to articles and resources. With Twitter, you can attach articles, “retweet” other folks “tweets” and very quickly create an informed universe of people who can than comment or fill in any blanks in the topic you have commented on.
5) Can you type? Then you can use Twitter. The learning curve is very short. Twitter can be used to send your customers emergency information (i.e. Our phone system is down; we have a power outage, etc.)
6) You can “follow” other industry people and see what they are talking about and referencing. Twitter allows you to keep tabs on how many followers you have and based on who you follow, Twitter will even make recommendations
7) Need a discussion thread to be focused on a single topic? Twitter can accommodate through the use of hashtags. Hashtags allow you to search by topic and invite comments relative to a certain topic (i.e., #bloggingabouttwitter)
8) Want to know what your customers and competitors are doing? Follow them on Twitter.
9) Twitter is fun! You’ll be surprised by what you read and some of the information you glean
10) Look at everyone’s websites. Do you want to be the only business without a Twitter logo?
After you sign up for your twitter account, make sure you follow Wind River!! (See # 2 above!)
Just by following us you will have the chance to win two great seats to watch the Brewers on Saturday, July 6 vs. New York Mets. All followers by June 19 will be entered to win in the drawing!
Lastly, and very importantly, remember…..Twitter is a social network. There is not a universal editor or fact checker. Twitter can be abused by individuals or companies. However, in my opinion, the benefits far outweigh the challenges. See you in the Twittersphere!!!!
Please follow us on Twitter by clicking below!
Express Renewal Option now available for Trustwave.
May 14, 2013 - 13:27:41
By: Sara Herr
Express Renewal Option now available in Trustwave!
Do you dread receiving the notices that the PCI Self Assessment Questionnaire you completed has expired? Do you find yourself putting the renewal process off knowing that you will have to complete the entire questionnaire all over again? If so, we have some exciting news for you!
We are pleased to announce that Trustwave has recently introduced an Express Renewal option. This new option allows for a much faster and easier renewal process! It is currently available to those businesses that have NOT changed their processing method over the last year. If your processing method(s) have not changed, this option is currently available and is a great time saver!
To take advantage of the Express Renewal process, login to Trustwave now! For detailed instructions on the Express Renewal process please click here.
Price and Value
May 09, 2013 - 09:22:25
By Dennis Driver
When I'm at a networking or social event I'm often asked what Wind River
does. Following my elevator pitch, it is not uncommon for someone to launch into a story about a poor service experience with a credit card processor. When probed on how they selected their current processor, invariably the responses involve some sort of promise of savings. But whether or not those savings ever materialized (often times "NOT"), there rarely was a mention of expected service, support, or innovation.
When do you purchase services based on price alone?
Problem viewing your merchant statement on line? We can help!
May 02, 2013 - 17:14:16
By Karla Hofbauer
You may have the updated Internet Explorer version 10. This means you will need to follow a new procedure.
At the login page, click the compatibility view (which looks like a broken piece of paper) to the right of the address line. This will then allow you to view the information. See the screen shot with an arrow pointing to the icon. Keep in mind, you will need to complete this procedure every time your log in.
Please contact us if we can help or answer your questions!